Thursday, March 21, 2013

Meh. . .

I realize I've been a little sporadic in my posting.  Between the new houses and taxes, I'm feeling more distracted than Neil Patrick Harris at a Ricky Martin concert; and that, combined with some pretty brutal roundhouse kicks to the ego this week has my creativity  blocked tighter than Paula Deen's colon.

I've been working on a post about the day I was accused of racially profiling Jessica Chastain which will hopefully be up tomorrow.  I'd hoped to have it up today, but after the events of the last two days everything I write is coming out all angsty and Leonard Cohen-y and to be honest, I think I need a night with the girls to binge eat pita chips and watch shitty Judd Apatow movies to get my mojo back.

Thanks for your patience while I drag my sorry ass out of this funk y'all.  It shouldn't take long.  In the immortal words of the great philosopher Cumbawumba: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you ain't never gonna keep me down."

xoxo,
Jen

PS:  In the interim, HERE is my favorite version of that song, as performed by my homeboy, Homer Simpson.

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Shitballs. Now I'm going to have that damn song stuck in my head all damn day. Thanks, ho bag.

Abby said...

Those two analogies in the first paragraph are more blogging gold than a million other people who churn out posts full of drivel. However, it's slightly cancelled out by the fact that Chumbawumba is now in my head. Damn you, woman.

Hang in there. Feed your feelings. We'll be here.

Laura said...

Little worried about ya and possibly the fate of Ryan as well. Remember several of us are qualified to hide the body...

Sounds all angsty alright. When has that ever stopped ya. And from another great 80's song... we will be right here waiting for you...

Hang in there honey and don't let the ego get ya down...

Mandy said...

I got that song in my head now, too! Motherfucker... (not you, just in general) Miss you! XOXO

Laura said...

and PS: thank you for not posting anything Taylor Swifty... cuz I can just ignore Homer Simpson.. Yo.

Last weekend kiddo went to a BDay party at Oak Park. 14 to 15 y/o girls skating. "the mom's" ring tone was a little Taylor Swift ditty. All the girls broke into song... MY DAUGHTER said oh hell no. Your mom better NEVER be in the presence of my mom with that on her phone...

what your mom doesn't like Taylor??? No let me explain she said... my mom loathes Taylor like a Kardashian loathes being upright on a Saturday night.

Yep... That right there. My Kid. Proud Parenting Moment.

Andrea said...

Make sure there is something fabulous to dip those chips in! You deserve it!

Chillin' Villain said...

Meh is right.

This week has pushed me to the ground, hit me over the head with a shovel, then ran me over with a truck a couple of times. But as much as I'd love to cry facedown in the muddy puddle decorating the parking lot of life, I know that if I never got up I'd never see the beauty of another day, another smile, or another laugh.

Thanks Jen :-)

Tiffany said...

Here's you a song:
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Weebles-lyrics-The-Insyderz/EB0B91564254C2EC48256EA200222DC7

It's by the Insyderz and would probably sound better if you were high... but it's a Christian song, so that would be bad. But the lyrics better that Tubthumping.

Pat said...

Hang in there, Jen. If it can be cured by binge eating and movies, it should pass quickly. And if all else fails, do what I do: give the kids a pop quiz. Nothing cheers me up like the look of terror those two words elicit from a group of 18-year-olds. We're pulling for you!

Gia said...

It's okay, we all have those times! No worries